What is expected of my child?
How can I help my child to succeed?
What are the school rules?
- Punctuality: Students are not allowed to be late for class.
- Remaining in class: Students are expected to remain in class for the entire period
- No Smoking or using tobacco products of any kind on school property
- Coats/Jackets and Backpacks are to be stored in students lockers.
- Food/Drink: With the exception of water, food and drink are discouraged in classrooms, labs, or in the gym.
- MP3s and Personal electronics: These devices are managed by teachers in each classroom. Students should not be using these devices when the teacher asks the students to put them away.
- Dress Code: Clothing that is excessively revealing or with inappropriate messages is not acceptable in the school environment.
What do I do if I need to take my child somewhere?
What if my child is late for school?
If there is a valid reason for your child being late you must send a note, call the school, or sign him/her in so we can admit your son/daughter to class. If there is not a valid reason (ie. They overslept) they will be admitted to study hall.
Can I call my child at school?
We make every effort not to disturb class time except if it is an emergency. If you need to give your son/daughter a message, relay the message to the receptionist and we will call your son/daughter as soon as classes end. There is a pay phone in the school that students may use outside of class time.
What happens if my child fails a course?
What does my child need to graduate?
What are school allowance cheques?
Can my child win any awards?
All other questions?